Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

New Beginnings



It might be a fickle thing to say, but 2013, as a number and hopefully as a year, just feels impossibly better than 2012. I've made a few resolutions and set up a few goals. I've decided to keep this feeling alive for the next 365 days.

If there's one thing 2012 brought me, more than anything else, more than extremely high highs and extremely low lows, was perspective. Perspective, and knowledge, and a deeper and quieter understanding of myself and the world. That's all I want. Peace, and soft music, and simplicity, and a world that's mostly tinted in light shades of blue and grey. I want to slow down. I want to stop clicking, and scrolling, I want to stop multitasking. I'm always multitasking. I want to stop forgetting things. I'm always forgetting things. Because I'm always speeding through one day just so I can dig my nails into the next one while it's still young. I want to stop the late nights, the screens in bed, the constant restlessness that comes from the constant urge to update (and get updates on) everything every thirty seconds. I deserve better. And I can most certainly do better.

I hope you all can, too. May 2013 bring you the opportunities to prove it!
xx

0 comentários:

Post a Comment