Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cortejo

So. I graduate in a few months, did you know that? Now you do.

For the past four years, I've been studying Criminology, and for the past seven days, I've been figuring out the best way to edit these photos. The event depicted is... well, it's our yearly student parade. It's probably a bit hard to explain to the unitiated in Portuguese academic traditions, but let's put it simply. The university is composed of different faculties. Each faculty has its own color (or combination of colors). And so each year, for one day in May, the students march around the city (most of them in their uniforms), in one big colorful academic pride parade. The near-graduates get to wear top hats, there are songs and games, and generally it takes everyone around six hours to walk a distance that would usually take ten minutes. Too much noise and too many people, but I can proudly say I lasted a whole three hours before calling it quits. Slow walking, man. Most certainly not my thing.


I don't know what was happening here, but I swear we didn't look that gloomy the whole time.






In which I hold my DSLR like a point-and-shoot and lose around 100% of my style cred.









"It doesn't have to be easy, it has to be worth it."

And on that bombshell... *spins chair* ...back to work.
xx

0 comentários:

Post a Comment