Recent Posts

Friday, May 10, 2013

Fancy Film Friday #1: Melancholia



Melancholia, 2011 (Denmark)
Two sisters find their already strained relationship challenged as a mysterious new planet threatens to collide with the Earth.

I haven't been watching a lot of movies (maybe to make up for last year's never ending list?), but I thought this one was really good. Not only because Charlotte Gainsbourg looks amazing in her flimsy silk shirts - that's no surprise -, but mostly because it's just... it's the prettiest, softest, most relaxed doomsday movie I've ever seen. And it speaks to my inner dreamer who wants to live in some place where the grass is always green, the skies are always grey, and the sun is always cold.

Oh, and it made me cry.
xx

PS - How do you like my title? FFF. Yeah.

0 comentários:

Post a Comment