Recent Posts

Thursday, September 05, 2013

I'm Back!

I told you I'd come back to see you once university was over, and... indeed, here I am, and there it is. It's a little weird to think of myself as a Criminology graduate now, but hey, if I take it one step at a time, I'm pretty sure I'll get there eventually.

Meanwhile, I'll leave you with a image-HEAVY post of the months we spent apart.


We begin with this stag beetle, found dead under a tree. I didn't really know the proper way to pin it, but I knew I wanted to show off the wing, so I improvised.


Back then I was still locked inside, studying for my final exams.


My mother grew up in France, so while she does have a huge collection of (now vintage) records... they're all french singers. Ah well!


New jars I got for a few cents each, and my little box of baby teeth on top.


I don't think you've been formally introduced to my tiny little bird skeleton? First attempt at cleaning bones last summer... it could have gone better, but I was really proud of myself back then.



And finally, first attempts at butterfly lockets. The second one, I've been using pretty much non-stop. I love it.



Then the supermoon happened.


Bo was a really photogenic dog, as usual...



...and we took him, along with Crude, for the first serious walk of the season. The puppy couldn't quite contain his enthusiasm. (remember him at six weeks? look how much he's grown!)


Crude also enjoys long swims in the creek that separates our property from the neighbour's. He comes out filthy every single time, but really, so do we when we walk in there.


With Bo, in the midst of cleaning the aforementioned creek. This dog doesn't really get along with summer, so he spends most of his time standing in the water, very still, just cooling down. I've done that too, it's really effective.



Random sunset shots.


Random shot of a vertebra my sister and I found, I think, as we were picking strawberries. It looked pretty clean, but still I decided to macerate it in a jar... the water turned light pink after a few days, and it's currently dark orange.


Also, there was this tiny tiny grasshopper, and while I was struggling to get the focus right, it turned right towards me. It was the cutest.


My grandfather rescued a couple of baby doves, and we had them in the apartment for the first few days, back when they still couldn't eat on their own. Right now, they're fully grown, and have their own little (right, little... I'll show you one of these days) home in the country house.


I'm not too fond of ice cream (this one was actually my dad's), but I had to snap it just for the looks of it.


This photo chronicles the beginning of the slow, slow decline of my camera's auto-focus feature. I don't wear my glasses at the beach (so, you know, I can't actually SEE what I'm shooting) and it's not like I can use manual focus and the screen either (glare, loads of it)... so without auto-focus, yeah, no beach pictures for me.


But fear not, because we found an antique fair right by the boardwalk, with plenty of secondhand books to keep me entertained.


No, really, my auto-focus is dead.


Though this one kind of got away.


The end of August took me right back to my university town, to pack up and say goodbye (more like see you later) to the sights and sounds of these past four years.


I discovered a type of ice cream I actually did love.


Aaaaaaand I shot the last sunset from my university apartment. We returned the key a few days ago, so I guess those walls will be seeing a new tennant very soon. I hope they enjoy the place as much as I did.

So what about you, readers, friends, family, etc? How was your summer, and what are your plans for fall?
xx

0 comentários:

Post a Comment